Continuing Professional Development (CPD) ensures that RCICs and RISIAs maintain their immigration knowledge current and continue developing skills, attitudes and judgment throughout their careers to practise competently and ethically.
What are my CPD obligations?
To maintain your ICCRC licence, you must:
- Earn annually 16 CPD hours (RCICs)/6 CPD hours (RISIAs).
- Maintain all CPD records or documents providing evidence of the completion of CPD (e.g., proof of payment, invoices, proof of registration, proof of attendance, certificate of completion) for a period of 2 years.
- Report annually your CPD hours.
- If selected for a CPD Audit, submit the required documentation within 30 days.
Failure to report CPD hours may result in fines or suspension of membership/registration.
How do I report my CPD hours for 2020?
- 2020 CPD reporting cycle: January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 (18 months)
- You must complete the CPD Attestation FormCPD Attestation Form and upload it when completing your Annual Renewal through the YM online portalYM online portal.
- Deadline to complete the Annual RenewalAnnual Renewal and submit the CPD Attestation Form: July 9, 2021.
2020 CPD submissions made via email or mail will not be accepted.
What are the eligible CPD Activities?
Activities must align with the Essential Competencies for RCIC PracticeEssential Competencies for RCIC Practice and the Essential Competencies for RISIA PracticeEssential Competencies for RISIA Practice and must apply to Canadian immigration consultancy:
- Attending an educational seminar, a workshop, a conference or an academic Canadian immigration/citizenship course
- Participating in online “real time” courses, streaming video, web and/or teleconference courses where there is an opportunity to ask and answer questions
- Viewing a recorded version of an approved CPD event
- Teaching content of an accredited immigration/citizenship practitioner program at a postsecondary institution, facilitating a CPD event, moderating or speaking at conferences, or facilitating group case study discussions relating to Canadian immigration/citizenship
- Writing articles for publication with immigration/citizenship content in English, French, or a foreign language
- Publishing or editing books relating to the study or practice of immigration/citizenship
Your 2020 CPD submission may be audited at any time between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022. If you are selected for the audit, you will be notified via email and required to provide documentation to ICCRC.
Information for CPD Providers
CPD Providers submit new CPD activities for approval through the CPD Provider Portal.
Information required for approval (s. 9.2 of the CPD Regulation)
- Name of the organization
- Name of the activity
- Date of the activity
- Activity type
- Time of the activity
- Location of the activity
- Agenda that includes content to be covered during the activity
- Name and credentials of instructors/presenters for the activity
- Cost for attendance of the activity
- Link to register for the activity (website)
- Mapping to the Essential CompetenciesEssential Competencies (New for 2020!)
Not a Provider Yet?
If your organization has never submitted CPD activities for approval, please email email@example.com to apply for registration as a new provider.
CPD Provider Resources
Please contact the CPD Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions and support.